Monday, December 28, 2015

ABC...XYZ

My son's bedroom is in a nautical theme. He has a huge wall on one side of his room, so I had to think of something that would look good there and fill the space. I decided I wanted to do the alphabet, but I did not want all the letters to be plain and boring. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the letters in all different sizes and fonts (and yes I laid the whole alphabet out on the floor in the aisle until it looked right). The letters can add up quickly, so buy a few at a time or get someone to go with you and use the 40% off coupon on the bigger letters. I had my mom with me, so she used a coupon and bought a letter to help save money...trust me it adds up!!! 

Once I had all the letters, I had to paint them. I bought the cheapest acrylic paint and used 5 different colors: mint, navy, white, cream, brown...sounds odd, but it looked cute. Since my son's room is in a nautical theme, I wanted to try and tie in some of the letters with nautical decor, but I only ended up using a wheel for the letter "o" and it still looks adorable. 

Total for the project estimated about $50


No comments:

Post a Comment